Overclocking Sparkle GTX 460

Jesse

I just bought a new Sparkle gtx 460 and was wondering how I can go about overclocking it? What software can I use to modify its settings? Will a program like afterburner work on a non-msi card?

You can use Afterburner and Kombuster, or you can use EVGA's Precision as hk mentioned. Afterburner allows for custom auto-fan settings, whereas Precision does not.
Using Afterburner to set an overclock and/or fan profile has the advantage for you to run Kombuster (MSI's version of Furmark which is included with the Afterburner download) to test the configuration for stability and tempreture.

RivaTuner hasn't been updated for some time. I'm pretty sure that GTX4xx cards aren't supported.

Both EVGA's Precision and MSI's Afterburner are based on RivaTuner

Looks like 2.24c is still the last RivaTuner release, oh well. Is AB actually built on top of RivaTuner or did the developer just work with MSI on different software?

@EXCellR8
I believe RivaTuner's author, Alexey Nicolaychuk, either works with EVGA and MSI, or allows them to modify RT

Well I sure hope development hasn't completely stopped on RivaTuner then, because from the sounds of it Afterburner is being adopted by more and more people who claim it's superior software. version 2.25 has been a long time coming now and there's not a whole lot of updating going on lately.

Back