Overview of user ranks?

1. Just wondering if there is a list of all the Ranks the members of this forum go through, and what are the criteria (e.g. how many posts, or quality of the posts, or whatever...
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Taken from -> TechSpot Forums - Community & Posting Guidelines

3. superty12

superty12 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 432

Ex-TechSpotter?

Could someone explain what "Ex-TechSpotter" means?
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,042   +84 Staff Member

:) The person has left the building, in so many words.
  5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Hehe, well said.

User no longer allowed on the forum.
  6. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,113   +23

Out of curiosity has anyone ever been knighted a Paladin, Chancellor, or Ambassador?
  7. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

I have seen a few of the older members with those titles....BTW, I had better get the
    'Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe' Title in a about 150 posts :p
  8. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

haha, i just noticed i reached "ts maniac" ranking recently... imo that kinda just makes me sound insane or implies that i light things on fire lol
  9. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention (after many, many years).

The good news is, we are about to take up again on the use of special titles. In addition to that we will allow custom-titles for the very first time. Stay tuned.
  10. Route44

I'll be there for the coronation!

@ Julio - sounds cool.
  11. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +35

I have to ask- is this a serious topic or a spoof? I am asking a serious question.

12. Route44

Its serious Bobbye. I just asked out of curiosity and for no other reason but it seems our mods are serious.

I've gone from evangelist to ambassador which I just noticed. By the way, you are my first nominee for a title change (and there are certainly others) for what its worth.. You've helped so many people here.
  13. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,382   +205

I'm mildly surprised that Bobbye, as a moderator, isn't identified as such or doesn't have a special title. The same would apply to Broni. They both have carried regular titles.
  14. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +35

Those are nice things to say! But I'm not into titles- they are not a necessary part of my life> which was why I asked 'serious or spoof.' I like what I'm doing- that's all I need.
  15. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

you like being called an evangelist and you know it :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.