P4 gettin Hot

By worthless50501
Jun 24, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok I´m kinda a new person !I´ve been playin with my pc for a while tryín to get the noise down and keep it cool .
    Replaced Intel leaf blower with zalman Cnps 7000b cu .
    CPU P4 3.0 Prescott
    MoBo is Msi Pt880 (7001)
    Thermal Paste "Artic Silver 5"
    plus two thermaltake case fans 80 and 90mm

Sounds Good but the other day Everst Home started showing temps in the 85°c range really hot!! Scary HOT, but pc ran ok!!! Turned it off let it sit over night next day played on internet 4 a bit and temps started jumping again.

Reinstalled cpu fan running ok but not at ambient temp 38°C
    Any Idea´s
    Thanks Worthless
  2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

I would first validate those temps (for accuracy) via the BIOS. The temps in there should be the most accurate.
  3. worthless50501

worthless50501 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Doin Better

Thanks Spade
    Was thinkin I was gettin a false readying: On start up bios usually reads between 40 and 45 ° c still warm but after lookin at some other pages I guess Prescott´s run warm .
    Thinkin bout switchin to WATER instead of new agp!!!!!!!!!!

Just being Worthless
    :hotbounce
  4. AtK SpAdE

Yea a 40 or 45 degree rating is much better. (altough i have a 3.0Prescott and keep it around 36.) Water would be a nifty thing, but i have no expericence with it. I just dont like the idea of water inside of a PC.
  5. Justin

Justin Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,595

Water is not conductive. You can also add other chemicals to the water to prevent it from becoming conductive due to contamination. In my experience, a fan in an air cooled system is more likely to fail than a water cooling system springing a leak.
  6. AtK SpAdE

Ok soul you have convinced me. I am actually thinking about getting water cooling, and maybe doing a little ocing. I have a p4 tho (plz dont yell at me) and the thought of playing the fsb game makes me get pissed already. anyways, do you have a brand that you could recomend?

Sean
  7. Justin

Justin Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,595

Brand for water cooler or brand for P4 mobo?
  8. worthless50501

worthless50501 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hey People

Thanks for the reply´s I been lookin into in and for the money with a 3.0 P4 the best I´ve seen is the Zalman Resorator.
    :giddy:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118111
    :knock:
    Check out this thing looks good and all but seems to me that some of the parts ie water pump and such are built in .

Don´t know reviews sound good but still lot o´cash !!!!
  9. AtK SpAdE

Yes, i have a 3.0Ghz P4 775
  10. mrhoe0846

mrhoe0846 Newcomer, in training

cpu temp

i just want to say that on a cpu if it got to 85c then that means it got to 185F and that means theres no more cpu so i would check to see if it your program is working ok. Try the bios as someone else said
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.