P5N32-E-SLI + Q9300 + Geil Ultra Dual

By sky_could_fall
Jul 30, 2008
  1. Hi!
    I got this few days ago, so I decided to put it all together and I have a few questions.

Does this MB (Asus P5N32-E-Sli nForce 680i) support Q9300 with BIOS update?
    On default voltage on RAM dimms is 1.8v but on Geil RAM-s it says that it should be 2.1v. Can I safely change it to 2.1v?

Sorry for bad english,
  2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

What bad english?

Anyways, the Q9300 isn't anywhere on the CPU Support list for the P5N32-E SLI, but I have this thread on another forum where someone has managed to get it working with a beta (at the time) BIOS. It's a couple of months old, so I think the latest BIOS will allow you to get the CPU working properly.

And yes, you can set the RAM to work at 2.1V if it's specified by GeiL. I personally wouldn't mess with it though, unless you're really into overclocking and are willing to buy more RAM if you fry this one.
  3. sky_could_fall

sky_could_fall TS Rookie Topic Starter

Tnx a lot. I have same problems like the guy in that thread. But everything is fine now except the temp. It shows 60C all time but i think it`s not the big problem right now, becouse i mesaured it and it says ~30C.
  4. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

The sensor on the CPU is stuck, u can get a RMA if u want because of that.
  5. sky_could_fall

sky_could_fall TS Rookie Topic Starter

It`s cpu

I`v tried everything but it stil restarts all the time. I changed everything except cpu and mb. I have some celeron and with him it works fine. today i will try q6600 it`s suposed to work. I think it`s simple. old mb with nForce 680i and new cpu q9300. How much is q9300 anyway?(in your country) I`m from serbia and here is about 200 euros.
  6. mica3speedy

mica3speedy TS Rookie Posts: 89

for the q9300 you need the 1404 bios. As for the ram, you can manually adjust the memory voltage and timings if needed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.