P8H77-M no sound

By Theodor
Nov 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I had a problem with my motherboard p8h67-m pro before 2 weeks. My pc started to shut down by its self. I sent it fo repair and they change my motherboard to p8h77-m. I have 8Gb memory and Gtx 550ti nividia video card. From the moment my pc arrived I have no sound . I make my google search but nothing works. When I put sound I see my toolbar sound to get green , and when I put the cable to rear green slot it starts recognition program from asus motherboard. But no sound. Is there is anything you can suggest me? thank you for your time
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

I suggest going to the Asus website and locate the audio driver for the new motherboard, download and install it. I would also check the Device Manager for any yellow flags on devices and download those as well.
  3. Theodor

Theodor Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

No yellow flags on device manager.....one moment to do the downloading of the drivers.....
  4. Theodor

I did that with the drivers but no! still not sound.. thnx
  5. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,358   +167

List any Problem devices
    • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
    • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
    • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
    Generate and attach a DirectX report
    • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
      ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
      ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
    • Notice progress in lower left window corner
    • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
    • Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button
  6. Theodor

No devices are listed...one moment for the other...

Here is the file... thnx for your time

Attached Files:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.