TechSpot

Packard Bell overhauls imedia desktop line

By Matthew
Jul 3, 2009
  1. Packard Bell (subsidiary of Acer) has revamped its “imedia” desktop series – and their logo too, for what it’s worth. While notebooks and mobile technology as a whole has exploded, desktops still offer the best bang for your buck. Keeping this close to heart, the top-end imedia has been outfitted with components which balance cost and performance.

Read the whole story

2. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

Wow, I didn't realize that Packard Hell was still around... Back in the day their systems used to be garbage... High tech paper weights.

3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,913   +92

I thought the same thing Wendigo, I started seeing them on EU online stores. haven't seen them in the states though.

4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 920   +57

Never though I'd ever see that name again.

5. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Packard Bell, the second worst build of computers in history, next to eMachines, is now based in England...
    Cannot figger how they keep hanging on so as to stick it to another new computer user.

6. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,913   +92

well that explains a lot Ray, i was talking with someone who had a new Packard Bell machine, and the motherboard was not even dual channel architecture.

7. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

From my knowledge PB doesn't have such a horrible reputation across the pond.

8. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 632

Looks like a French model, The A is where my Q is.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.