Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I am having this trouble on a new machine that was given to me for inclusion to our image.

As a background I have installed our image onto this machine and it seems to work well initially. After it had finished getting all the software (unattended and thru scripts), it is now going on blue screen everytime I open up an application. It works well though when I am in Safe mode.

Also, our image is created on a single processor (ACPI HAL) and this target machine has multi-processor (Centrino Duo). I am changing the boot.ini with the switches /HAL=halmacpi.dll and /KERNEL=ntkrnlmp.exe. It worked previously on some of our multi-processor machines. I do not know if that is still gonna work on this type of machine.

Now, having said all that, please help me troubleshoot this machine. I have attached the minidump that I got.

Thank you very much.

Warm regards to all.

Obet31

Faulty ram

Hi,

You only provide a minidump and the crash is caused by faulty ram. Reseat the ram to another memory slot.

Hi Cpc,

Thanks for the reply. Run memtests for several passes and it did not report any problems. I re-installed a vanilla XP and it worked with some patches required for all the devices to be recognized. It seemed that these new machines has a lot of MS hotfixes that has to be installed first before you can even have the right device drivers installed properly.

Regards,

Obet31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back