TechSpot

Pandora drops 40 hour listening cap on free accounts

By Shawn Knight
Sep 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Pandora has removed the 40 hour listening cap on non-premium accounts effective immediately. The popular music streaming service announced the move alongside a new site layout and additional features on…

Read the whole story

2. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,686   +60

huh never noticed its free service cap

3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

That's good news. I have never noticed the 40 hour cap (not that I use it that much anyway). Good thing is that they've removed it, and not shorten it.

4. well I guess I'll try Pandora again, haven't used it since 2003 or so (switched to last.fm)

5. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

I have a Pandora One account but I honestly barely use it. I will say I've discovered lots of new music with it, but it tends to get annoying because their service almost never figures out what I want to listen to, no matter how many thumbs up or down I give.

6. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 546

prob a move to compete with spotify.

Wish Pandora would set up shop in Europe, Spotify's recently added 10 hour cap is pretty bad, and I don't like Last FM, Tho I pay the £5 spotify now, its nice not having adverts.

7. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Are there any section for you to send feedback or something?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.