Parallels offers "switch to a Mac" suite edition

By Justin
Aug 25, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One of the biggest reasons an unhappy Windows users may be on the fence about buying a Mac is the re-education required. On top of having to learn an entirely new set of programs and tools, they are then faced with data migration. Granted, the process much easier today than ever before, but it can seem like a daunting task to someone who has never laid hands on a Mac.

Read the whole story
  2. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903   +71

With nothing of much interest in the Apple world for me to justify switching, I'd rather just have the true experience minus all the Apple overhead and pretending that they're doing the same thing. Parallels is ok for those who work in-between the Mac and PC world. But it's like a child wearing their parents clothes. On the surface they might appear similar, however the similarities end soon after.
  3. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

I dunno - Apples don't tempt me either, but I have a non-techie sister who can't wait to get hold of an Apple netbook (beats me why). OTOH I have used both Parallels and the Crossover WINE tweaks to run Windows apps on Linux when I had to (mostly for work purposes). So I do understand the impulse to mix OS's to suit one's software. Seems to me Parallels is filling a well understood user need to help those who, like my sister, want to make the switch to some form or other of Apple computer.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.