Paramount+ birthday promo knocks 80% off for the first three months

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: It’s been (nearly) one year since CBS All Access was relaunched as Paramount+. To celebrate the occasion, the streaming service is offering new and returning customers a deal that might be too good to pass up.

From now through March 7, Paramount+ is offering 80 percent off its monthly streaming packages. This brings the cost of entry down to just $1 per month for the Essential Plan with limited commercial interruptions or $2 per month for the Premium Plan that eliminates most commercials.

The promotional period lasts for three months; after that, you’ll be billed at the regular monthly price of $4.99 for Essential or $9.99 for Premium unless you cancel. Notably, annual and third-party subscribers are not eligible. Furthermore, the promo cannot be combined with any other discount. For example, students can’t double dip using their existing 25 percent discount.

Paramount+ finished last year with 32.8 million subscribers. That’s far fewer than the 129.8 million Disney+ ended 2021 with, or the 222 million paying subscribers Netflix had at the same point, but it’s still a respectable number.

The streaming service offers a diverse range of content, with more on the way real soon. The second season of Star Trek: Picard arrives on March 3 followed by the series premiere of Halo on March 24.

Permalink to story.

Wait, it‘s $9.99 per month and you still have commercials ? OK….

The question here is also if Paramount offers any ‚must see‘ series or movies that will make customers sign up. Seems like their diverse content is not enough.

Not sure if the ‚diverse‘ part was an intentional pun.

Wait, it‘s $9.99 per month and you still have commercials ? OK….

The question here is also if Paramount offers any ‚must see‘ series or movies that will make customers sign up. Seems like their diverse content is not enough.

Not sure if the ‚diverse‘ part was an intentional pun.

I've got premium and the only commercials I see are for their own shows, so I'll see a 30 second add for a CBS show.

Paramount + is good if you have kids.

It's got CBS, Smithsonian, MTV, Nickelodeon, not special on movies, just a wide variety of shows.

Back