Paramount: enhanced movies exclusively for Windows Phone 7

Emil

Staff

Paramount Digital Entertainment has announced that it will be releasing 10 enhanced movie apps exclusively for Windows Phone 7. The movie apps are developed in collaboration with Digitalsmiths, Hypershow, and Trailer Park using Microsoft Silverlight.

The enhanced movie apps offer the full movie, menus, bonus features, and unique experiences not available on other platforms. They include the ability to create custom clips, view the movie with pop-up trivia powered by 'Scene It?', and a Movie Info feature offering users the ability to identify actors, objects, music, and places in the movie.

School of Rock is available today on the Windows Phone Marketplace in the US and Canada. Additional titles, including Zoolander, Waiting for Superman, and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, will be released in the US and international markets before the end of the year.

"Through our relationship with Microsoft, we're able to provide consumers new, enhanced ways to enjoy movies from anywhere on Windows Phone 7," Geremie Camara, Vice President Product Development for Paramount Digital Entertainment, said in a statement. "Using Silverlight technology and adding interactive and social networking features, our enhanced movie apps transform the movie viewing experience into a true entertainment experience."

Permalink to story.

*sigh* I'm not sure whether to get into win phone 7 or get a new droid. Nonetheless this looks awesome.

I WILL get into WP7 but after they release its very much needed updates. The OS is still buggy, and missing now-standard features such as copy & paste and multitasking. However the OS looks completely gorgeous. After they update it, I'll buy one; and this movie feature seems like another reason to do so.

The OS looks gorgeous. Wow you were able to look at the source code?

Or did you mean you like the UI? You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

If you want a phone thats going to be good in the future then get a Windows 7 or if you want a phone thats good now get the Droid

Guest said:
The OS looks gorgeous. Wow you were able to look at the source code?

Or did you mean you like the UI? You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

Hahaha, why you trolling on Techspot Guest? That's not a bright idea.

And of course I meant the GUI; it's what defines the beauty of any OS (or software, for that matter).

Back