TechSpot

Parental controls

By cajgraphics
Dec 17, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, I'm new here so if I posted this in the wrong place.. please redirect me.

I'm setting up a new computer for my daughter in her room. She's eight. What kind of parental controls should I set up?

Thanks
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

I recently did the same for my 11-years old daughter.
    After careful evaluation and reading up on all of them, I followed the general advise and picked CYBERsitter 9.0 from www.cybersitter.com for US$ 40.-.
    A one-off payment, no subscriptions necessary. It lets you set the controls for what contents, what websites, can monitor and/or stop email, chat etc. and lets you put in a time-limit (for how long and when each day), when the child can go online. It is tamper-proof, password protected and runs in the background. Highly recommended.
  3. cajgraphics

cajgraphics TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you, I'll check it out. I wish we, as parents didn't have to be so careful.. but it's really scary out there sometimes.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.