PC Building Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about building my own PC soon. I've looked through a lot of systems but I'm unsure of which I should go for. I want a fast computer that's also good with games (I want to be able to play Crysis when it comes out.)

So, what I'm sure of what I want is:
- an Intel Core Duo Processor
- the ability to use SLi/Crossfire mode (with 2 16x PCI-E slots)
- a good overclocking machine

Thanks in advance.

Here is the system I am going to be building in Febuary.... subject to changes depending on hardware before then... but here she is...

Case: Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Top Mounter 200mm Tri Cool Exhaust / 2x 120mm Tri Cool Front Fans / Top Mounter I/O :.

PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850W PSU

Mobo: Asus Striker Extreme 680i 775

CPU: Intel Conroe Core™ 2 Extreme X6800 2x 2.93 4Mb 1066 MHz LGA775 BX80557X6800

Ram: Corsair TwinX 2GB XMS2 Dominator DDR2 PC6400 with Airflow Fan

Cooling: Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II GH-WIU02 Liquid Cooling System Kit (Will Purchase GPU Addons when available)

Graphics: XFX Geforce 8800GTX 768MB PCI-E

HD: WD 150Gb Raptor SATA 10k/150/16Mb Gaming Edition * 2 In RAID0

Optical: Philips PB1660 16x DL DVD-RW Black

Floppy: Mitsumi Floppy + Card Reader Black

Total inc Vat: £2,761.74 ($5,466.57 For you Yanks, $6,258.41 Canadian, I generally love Canadians... Its there Queen aswell, only the good canadians not those stupid French Canadians.... who in the right minds wakes up one morning and says right I want to be French??? STUPID STUPID STUPID - Al Murrey.... The Landlord )

The motherboard is the weapon of choice for gamers and overclockers at the moment according to the reviews etc and the CPU is the best for a gaming platform currently. But this should eat its way through practically everything thrown at it......

Once the watercooling kit addons are available I will add cooling for 2 of those 8800GTX cards and ram and crank up the volume on those..... should be set for a long time to come before any upgrades need doing.

drhook, you'll want to have about $1,100 (USD) on your hands for the box and software alone. a good monitor and speakers could put you over $1,500.

in addition to the aforementioned mobo, i reccomend a zalman 9500 series cpu cooler, and a thermaltake tsunami case (www.thermaltake.com)

a word of advice-get the money together first, then choose what to buy.

Cpt_Subtext - why did you put a floppy drive on such an awesome machine? *shakes head*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back