TechSpot

Pc freeze

By te00
Apr 15, 2008
  1. Hi ppl.

My problem occurs when running a video file(sometimes audio also).Either i ve been using my commputer for 10hours either for 10min when i try to watch sth it freezes.No mouse no keyboard no light from hd leds,nothing.Thought has sth to do with player,tried except classic media player,windows media player,same.Thought was codecs,removed k-lite codecs(latest version),still same.
    Nothing running in the backround except antivirus.It just freezes when i start playing a video file.No memory problems,no hard disk problems.The only thing that is different before and at the time it freeze is that i see in the bottom bar the icon of windows update,which disappear after reboot and never bothem me to install it again.

Any ideas?

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

I would suggest that you update your sound and video drivers from your computers manufactures support website (or board manufacture)

You can also complete all Windows updates by going here: http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx

this should stop Windows update downloading any new updates for the moment

Windows update can also be disabled fully, but not recommended

3. te00

te00 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 34

Windows updates? all installed
    video-audio drivers latest official

Tried to run a game(which in past used to run without any problems even on 1GB ram-now got 2) i see only the 1st screen.After,i m forced to reboot.Damn.
    I ll be back later after i check the new settings with video files.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.