Pc freeze

By te00
Apr 15, 2008
  1. Hi ppl.

My problem occurs when running a video file(sometimes audio also).Either i ve been using my commputer for 10hours either for 10min when i try to watch sth it freezes.No mouse no keyboard no light from hd leds,nothing.Thought has sth to do with player,tried except classic media player,windows media player,same.Thought was codecs,removed k-lite codecs(latest version),still same.
    Nothing running in the backround except antivirus.It just freezes when i start playing a video file.No memory problems,no hard disk problems.The only thing that is different before and at the time it freeze is that i see in the bottom bar the icon of windows update,which disappear after reboot and never bothem me to install it again.

Any ideas?
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

I would suggest that you update your sound and video drivers from your computers manufactures support website (or board manufacture)

You can also complete all Windows updates by going here:

this should stop Windows update downloading any new updates for the moment

Windows update can also be disabled fully, but not recommended
  3. te00

te00 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 29

Windows updates? all installed
    video-audio drivers latest official

Tried to run a game(which in past used to run without any problems even on 1GB ram-now got 2) i see only the 1st screen.After,i m forced to reboot.Damn.
    I ll be back later after i check the new settings with video files.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.