PC Infected by CWS Home Search Assistant

By Pixeeman
Jun 16, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :cool:

I have attached my Highjackthis log file.

Can anyone help me please get rid of this.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

You have no visible infection AFAIK.
  3. Pixeeman

Pixeeman Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks for the reply realblackstuff, but when I run Spyware Doctor it says I have the CWS Home Search Assistant.

What do you think is going on ?
  4. Spike

Spike Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,371

Same opinion here!

Personally, from what I've just read about Spyware Doctor, it's not the best program in the world anyway (apparently has a large memory footprint and uses too much CPU time). Personally, I would do away with it and continue to use the other tools.

Generally speaking, if you have a variant of CWS, CWS Shredder will find it and get rid of it.
  5. Pixeeman

Thanks for the post Spike, do you think its worth me running hijackthis again and posting a new log ?
  6. IronDuke

IronDuke Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,267

Some people don't like:
    O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.03.0000.1005\en-xu\stmain.dl

It is part of MSN Toolbar.

No CWS.
  7. Spike

Spike Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,371

You can if you like pixeeman, but in all honesty, it probably won't make much difference (Your machine is clean! can't you just accept it!? lmao {kidding})

seriously though, if it will make you feel better, run another HJT scan, compare the log with the one you've posted here, and if it's any different feel free to post it :) If not, you're clean.
  8. Pixeeman

Thank you realblackstuff and Spike. I have uninstalled Spyware Doctor and my PC does seem to be running a lot faster.

Thanks once again.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.