PC isn't as good as it was before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phvb

How do you reduce your clockspeed? I think my computer is over heating during gameplay and is slowing it down. I'm unsure though. I don't know much about my probelm or how to fix it. When I play CS (counter-strike, a half-life modifcation, which should run on low requirements , note: this game played fine when I first purchased this machine) the game slows down every 2-4 minutes, causing a pause - then returning to where I should be 20 seconds of slow motion later. Could my computer be over clocked on MHz? help

Specs:
Compaq Persario 5320 US
512 Ram
40 Gb
Nvidia Vanta 16mb
Windows Xp Home
intel pentium 4, 1.50 ghz

Get a can of compressed air, take the sides of the case off and blow out everything, especially the CPU heatsink and power supply. Dust is an insulator and is the #1 cause of overheating problems. Also defragment the hard drive. A decent video card will cost about $50. Just about anything out now is better than the Vantasaurus :).

and if that doesnt work with it most likely will you may need to get a new fan or check the thermal paste around the fan but i doubt ull need to replace the fan it should be a last resort.

do what vega said 1st tho

-Austin-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back