PC Not recognizing internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bstedne18

I just bought a PC "debranded hp athlon". I installed the operating system and tried to connect to the internet. I tried to run the set-up, but it won't recognize the LAN connection my router has. The PC is debranded, so it didn't come with any driver disks or anything. Is there anything I can do to get the PC to connect? It just won't accept the connection.

Thanks.

Yes... there are. I don't know how to fix them, but I think it's a driver issue, correct? If it is then I am stuck after that. It's debranded, which makes it near impossible to find the product code or serial number or anything like that.

If you have the software that your internet provider (provided) you need to run that. May clear things up. What's a debranded PC? Is it refurbished? Stripped of all labels? Hot? Can you eliminate the "router'... get more of a solid connect for now? A modem...etc. Install "Everest" or "System information for Windows" or "PC Wizard" to identify what hardware your machine is running. Especially the 'network adapter'. Your network adapter needs a driver. Once you have the name of your network adapter...you can go to that manufacturer's website and find the driver needed.

I hope the debranding didn't remove the model markings from the motherboard. You'll need to open up your case and look for the name of the motherboard. What speed processor do you have? All isn't lost.

If you go back to the Device Manager menu and right click a yellow question mark and choose Properties and then the Details tab, you should be able to find the VEN_####&DEV#### for the device in question. The VEN is the vendor's id number and the DEV is the device number. With those two numbers and Google you should be able to figure things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back