TechSpot

PC randomly crashing/freezing/lagging during games

By realbaz
Dec 23, 2009
  1. My compuer has allways worked fine , up to date anti virus suite (KIS 2010) Windows xp SP2. while playing games the computer randomly freezes and crashes then lags for about 5 mins during games...my pc can easily run the game so it cant be sys requierments. iv ran these games fine in the past but i dont understand why its doing it now. causes/solutions are welcome nd thnx 4 replys in advance

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,168   +37

Have you tried updating your video card drivers? How are your system temps? Is the video card's fan running properly? Are other fans working? Any dust build-up?

If you are going to update your video card driver make sure you use the free version of Driver Sweeper to first remove the old drivers.

3. realbaz

realbaz TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 71

I will clean the dust out soon all fans work , up to date drivers. My pc seems to think my processor is at maximum capacity when its doing nothing.. :/
    my temps are:
    processor : 17 c
    Mainboard : 34 c
    ACPI :40 c
    GPU diode :67 c
    HDD :23 c

4. GN48

GN48 TS Rookie Posts: 156

Yeah, I had felt this before, no probs wih me though, I learned to live with it! :approve:

5. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +19

Same here some games which require have high graphic requirement do freeze my PC occurs only sometimes so not that much of a deal.

6. realbaz

realbaz TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 71

would a ram booster help?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.