PC shutting down, could be heat issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell Precision 380 and it will work for awhile and then it goes into power save mode? The screen goes black and it appears that the PC is still on but nothing works. It is located in a warehouse that gets a little warm. Confusing because when I bring it into my office, it works fine. Hooked up another PC to the location in the warehouse and it works fine so it's not the wiring. Could it be a heat issue or the fans not working properly? It's under warranty but I have received no help from Dell's tech support. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

well thats what it sounds like. have you tried cleaning out the heatsink and inside of the case to rid it from dust? tell me if this fixes ur problem

I'll try cleaning it out really well and see if that helps. It just boggles my mind because it works fine in my office but not in the warehouse. Thanks

well i would guess that the office is air conditioned and the warehouse isn't? correct me if im wrong. where at in the warehouse do you keep at? be sure to keep it away from closed spaces. also not sure about dell but there is an application called speedfan to control computer fan speeds. you could give that a shot to. it won't harm your system either. http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back