PCI Express Graphic Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultiweap

Hello all,

I'm in a hurry and I need to buy a PCI Express Graphic card and would like to know where can I get on the net a place for cheap good graphic card?

Or if someone would like to sell his graphic card that he is no more using it.

Thanks in advance
I don't know if it is the right place for asking that.

What's your budget? Newegg usually have very competitive prices. So do Fry's I guess. But I'm not sure whether they ship to Mauritius.

Finding a good etailer that will ship to your country might be the first order of business. Valid credit card?

Ritwik7: That is my problem is that those site do not ship to Mauritius and thus I need to go on expensive site.

dividebyzero: Yes I have a valid credit/debit card. But I don't know and do not have good feeling of making someone else ship to my address.

But I don't know and do not have good feeling of making someone else ship to my address.

Then how did you propose to buy over the internet. You'll have to pay by credit card I assume. If you can't find an online store that ships to Mauritius (or if you don't want to use your credit card online) then you'll have to purchase from your local computer store. That's what I have to always do and end up paying more for equipment.

Here is one website located in the USA that will ship internationally. http://www.axiontech.com/ Look at the bottom of the website page and find, "International Order."

I've never actually ordered anything from this site but it is owned by Directron.com and I have ordered many times from them. Axiontech ships internationally but Directron does not.

Thanks for the link mailpup but no it does not ship to Mauritius as when i tried to add to my cart going for checkout it told me only to US Zip code.

But if you click on the "International Order" link at the bottom, it gives you the procedure for ordering internationally. They don't accept credit cards for international orders so you have to wire transfer the money. That's why the ordinary check out procedure won't work. There is a wire transfer fee so that might make it more expensive and not worth it for some items but maybe worth it for other items.

It can be done but I realize it is not ideal. It's up to you, of course. If they can do it, there might be others. If I come across any, I'll post them.

Edit: Here is another U.S. website that ships internationally: http://www.geeks.com/ For international shipping info: http://www.geeks.com/faq.asp?Q=S1
I've haven't used them myself yet so I can't tell you about them first hand.

is there a difference between PCI-E 8x and PCI-E16x?? i mean i know that 16x has more pin on 8x but PCI-E 16x card would Fit in 8x??...just asking anyone? :D

I don't think that a PCI-E 16x card will work in a PCI-E 8x slot. Read this article for some info.

@ ln10s - Try creating your own thread instead of posting randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back