Pentium Dual Core E6500 vs Core 2 Duo E5400

just received new online purchase PC ordered with core2duo E5400 2.8Ghz and instead has pentiumdualcore E6500 2.93Ghz. Is this an improvement or perhaps E5400 not available and is one better than the other eg. speed and reliability? Thanx I'm a Newbie.

Think you made out pretty well on this deal, in addition to the higher cpu clock you also have a faster front side bus.

TY

I hope so 'cos I don't wanna send it back, am using flood damaged PC on Dial-up presently and eager to get back to 2011!

Ironically, in all likely hood, both of your questions are true statements.

The socket that both these CPUs reside in is called LGA775. It's being phased out..

The E5400 is an earlier release, (and lower tier), than the E6500, which is the latest and last Pentium Dual Core LGA775 CPU that will be produced.

So, the all E5400s were probably gone, and you lucked into the better processor.

The E6500 is the most potent of this series of Intel CPUs

good 1

wow, I'm a lucky dude and hey like the old saying goes "the virtual gods help those who help themselves" new ? = is ASRock G41C-VS Motherboard (received) betta than similar ordered G41-M-VS ? or just suits pentium betta or did I luck-out again? + Thanx

It is also a later revision. Probably necessary because of the E6500. I believe it requires a later BIOS revision than the E5400.

Because of the 1066 FSB speed of the E6500, it is possible that these are re-binned E7xx series CPUs. Not sure about that though. The issue is L2 cache size.

I doubt that the letter bump up in the board is much of a performance boost though.

Intel, (and Dell, for my monitor), just released graphic driver updates for G41. (This assumes you are using the onboard graphics). It gave my G41 box a fairly sizable boost in graphics score. (Windows 7 Experience Index) The gaming and business score went from 3.5 to 4.2.

OK, we're not going to call this a gaming box because of it, but it was a pleasant surprise.

I feel betta now

wow you know good stuff. I am more confident now to power-up and get things moving at a betta rate of knots (excuse Aussie slang) thinkin' I won't need to make a claim and I feel I have a good supplier. p.s. I am using XP-Pro . p.s. 2MB Cache new processor ( if that is to what you referred) Thanx a plenty

Back