Philips Webcam blue screen reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i try to use my philips webcam, i randomly get a blue screen, and then my pc reboots. The error message i get when the reboot is done is as follows:

BCCode: 1000007f BCP1: 0000000D BCP2: 00000000 BCP3: 00000000 BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product: 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe5f8.dir00\Mini030108-04.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe5f8.dir00\sysdata.xml

I have no idea what this all means, or how to fix it. Can anyone help?!? Please?!?

I'm running windows XP on an HP laptop. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

0x7F error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept).

Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

However, it wouldn't suprise me that it is your webcam drivers causing the issues because a few people have posted here with webcam crashes. So...

1. Update your webcam drivers and see if that takes care of your issues.

2. Run MemTest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes. If you any errors you have corrupted memory that has to be replaced.

3. If crashes persist attach your minidumps in your next posting.

One additional suggestion- if any of the webcam processes are starting up when you boot, take them off of Startup by unchecking each process on Startup through the msconfig utility.

The same thing just occured with my computer and now I'm really worried about the security of my computer.

I uninstalled the phillips camera software...

My problem report on my computer reads...

Problem caused by a camera driver

You received this message because a camera driver has caused a blue screen error. This type of error causes the computer to shut down abruptly to protect itself from information damage or loss.

Does anyone know where I can delete ALL camera drivers?

You should really start a new thread as this one is several months old.

But you can look for an Error in the Event Viewer that corresponds to the time of the webcam message. With the information for that, we can usually find a resolution:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr
Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)
Ignore Warnings and Information Events. You do not need to include the lines of code-if any-in the box below the description. Please don't past the entire Event log.

I know and I apologize for not starting a new thread, but this thread described exactly what happened better than how I could have were I to start a whole new thread of my own describing the same problem., Plus, it saves forum space by re-using this one, so.. cheers. :)

The webcam message happened literally 5 minutes prior my posting in this thread, I came here immediately because I'm really worried right now. And, it doesn't help matters that I don't know very much about computers.

So I have a quick Q: Right now I'm running vista enterprise, so there isn't a "run" option in the start menu... do you know where I can find it?

OK cool

Ok so I'll post up a picture of my screen right now after following your other directions

I'm not quite sure where to look for any errors

Grr... forum security requires 5 posts in order to post pictures

I really appreciate you helping me right now BTW

Haha sorry

I'm a noob

OK I think these are the errors we are looking for:

Here is the general info on one event error, occuring around the time of the blue screen issue (WMI)---Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

And here is the other event error (VSS)---Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005. This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.

This is interesting to view my event log... there's tons of stuff I still don't know about my computer. It's amazing. I'm seeing some 'warnings' and stuff that are worrying me now, but perhaps I'll get into that later. So, did my post help?

That doesn't help me much. What I posted said Error! next to it.

It didn't say Warning! next to it. So it was an error, not a warning.

But thanks for the effort in trying. I'm not too worried anymore anyway because it's been a few days and my computer hasn't reboot. However, if anyone else knows what caused those errors I posted earlier, and how to fix them, then please feel more than welcome to post in here, thank you :)

I'm seeing some 'warnings' and stuff that are worrying me now,
Ignore Warnings and Information Events.
I copied that to help you understand you didn't need to worry about Warnings.

If you will follow the directions for copying and pasting the Error from the Event Viewer, I will try to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back