PhoenixBios 4.0 release 6.0 masterpassword help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovvn.you

Hi everyone,
I need some help finding out password to my bios. I would try calling the manufacturer - HP - but i don't even know the version of pavilion it is. Need password to change boot setting. I've never had the password and the cd drive always booted first... but now it wont... after a messed up windows xp install.
Kept getting BSOD during install. 0x000000A
Yes, the xp cd is fine.
I can press esc at the start to see boot menu... but i cant change it from

1. +Hard Drive
2. +Removable Devices
3. CD-ROM Drive
4. Built-In LAN

If anyone can help figure out my Pavilion version
Pentium 4 2.4 ghz
1024 Mb ram
80 Gb hard drive

pawnshop bought laptop short while ago... all kinds of messed up (note : poor so options limited)

without physcially looking at the system, it will be quite difficult for anyone to tell you. And since it is a laptop, it will be difficult to open the system to look at the model # of the motherbaord. I suggest take it to a shop.

There is software than can identify your hardware. It's called PC Wizard you can download it here
http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php of course if the pc wont boot your $hit out of luck.. try the obvious, google the model number of the pc, check the hp web site etc.

if he is locked out of his system through BIOS, he is SOL - there is no way he can run software to determine anything....

somewhere on the case there should be something, otherwise he will have to OPEN the computer or get a shop to open it to look at the motherboard model and serial number.

yea dont worry about it, that laptop is toast... graphics card is done for :(
laptop worth about $200 to fix it will be about $400
might as well buy a new laptop from bestbuy for $600 ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back