TechSpot

Picture upload

By Adhmuz
Jul 24, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Is it me or is the option unavailable at the moment, I can't seem to find the Upload picture button anywhere on the Photo Gallery. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

PS I may just be blind right now.
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,428   +217

I understand it has been temporarily disabled. No word yet on when it will be restored.
  3. DjKraid

DjKraid TS Maniac Posts: 631   +14

...and the best part is that I can't even find my own uploaded pics xD
  4. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

Until the feature is restored, you can upload your pic to an image host and post the URL encoded thus:
    [*img]URL[/img]

Example:
    [*IMG]http://I.imgur.com/iC7On.jpg[/IMG]
    But leave the * out.

[​IMG]
  5. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 903   +99

Thanks, was trying to use the sites picture service. I've since posted my pic elsewhere.

Any ideas on how long its going to be down for?
  6. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,060   +84 Staff Member

Nah, no word yet on how long it'll be down. Julio says there's a bug but he's not sure what the problem is.
  7. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 903   +99

Alright, thanks for the information.
  8. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

DjKraid Click for your profile page on the image gallery. Just click "photos" to view them all.
  9. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,528   +315

10. DjKraid

Somehow the I just haven't been able to find my own pics...I only get to all uploaded pics O_o

Sweet! Thanks!! :D
  11. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,528   +315

The gallery should be fixed now, upload your pics this week for consideration in our weekly newsletter showcase (goes out every Thursday/Friday) :)

12. DjKraid

I have a few pics that I'm gonna upload...even tho first I need to find a way (re-size) to make the files way smaller. The smallest ones I have are ~60Mb and then the biggest go around 167Mb O_o
  13. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +123 Staff Member

14. DjKraid

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it when I get home :D
    At the moment I use hugin, ptgui and gimp...and to be honest gimp is slow but then again it has loads of features (not "windows/microsoft" features) and it's also really stable :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.