IrfanView is a fast and simple image viewer and editor that supports all major graphics formats, including BMP, DIB, JPEG, GIF, animated GIF, WEBP, PNG, PCX, multipage TIFF, and TGA. In addition, it features drag-and-drop support, directory viewing, TWAIN support, slide shows, batch conversion, and modifications, such as color depth, crop, blur, and sharpen.
- View Images
- Scan and Print
- Create Slideshow
- Batch Processing
- And many more
For added functionality you can also download Irfanview plugins.
What does IrfanView do?
IrfanView is a free image viewer, converter and editor. You can use it to open all kinds of image files and edit them. It's quite easy to use and has a straightforward interface.
Yes, you can edit photos with IrfanView and it works especially well for simple tasks like resizing, converting, or optimizing.
Why do I need an image viewer?
Image viewers are lightweight applications without the excess baggage of fully featured photo editors, so the focus is on speed and on support for a wider array of formats. A proper image viewer like IrfanView can save you time because they are snap to use.
What image file formats does IrfanView support?
IrfanView supports all these file formats: ANI, CUR, AWD, B3D, BMP, DIB, CAM, CLP, CPT, CRW, CR2, CR3, DCM, ACR, IMA, DDS, DJVU, IW44, DPX, CIN, DXF, DXF, DWG, HPGL, CGM, SVG, ECW, EMF, EPS, PS, PDF, AI, EXR, FITS, FLIF, FPX, G3, GIF, HDR, HDP, JXR, WDP, HEIC, AVIF, ICL, EXE, DLL, ICO, ICS, IFF, LBM, IMG, JP2, JPC, J2K, JPG, JPEG, JLS, JPM, JXL, Mac PICT, QTIF, MNG, JNG, MrSID, SID, ARW, CR3, CR2, CRW, DCR, DNG, ERF, KDC, MRW, NEF, NRW, MOS, ORF, PEF, RAF, RAW, RW2, RWL, SRF, SRW, X3F, PBM, PCD, PCX, DCX, PDF, PDN, PGM, PNG, PPM, PSD, PSP, PVR, QOI, RAS, SUN, RAW, YUV, RLE, SFF, SGI, RGB, SFW, SIF, SWF, FLV, SVG, TGA, TIF, TIFF, TTF, TXT, WAD, WAL, WBC, WBZ, WBMP, WebP, WMF, WSQ, XBM, XCF, and XPM file formats. Some may require plug-ins.
What video and audio file formats does IrfanView support?
IrfanView supports AIF, AU, SND, MED, MID, MP3, OGG, RA, WAV, ASF, AVI, MKV, M4V, M2T, MTS, TS, M2TS, M2V, MOV, MP4, WEBM, MOV, MP4, MPG, MPEG, WMA, and WMV. Some may require plug-ins.
Complete release notes for IrfanView 4.60 can be found here.
- JPG save preview dialog: Options to zoom/scroll the preview image
- New option in File menu: Compare current image with another image
- Option for Favorite menus (Edit menu); Right mouse click on menu item
- Options menu to "Create new EXIF data" in JPGs without EXIF
- New browsing options for mouse wheel (Properties->Browsing)
- Support for QOI format (Formats PlugIn, reading and saving)
- Improved DDS loading (BC7 compression, thanks to Richard Geldreich)
- TIF loading fixed (Thanks to Aslan Gurtsiev, CVE-2021-46064)
- New hotkey: ALT + SHIFT + B: Show thin or normal border (current session only)
- Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions here.
IrfanView is featured in...
Software similar to IrfanView 8
XnView is a fast multi-format graphics browser, viewer, and converter.
Lean and fast image viewer with minimal GUI.
An image browser, converter and editor that supports all major graphic formats.
Picasa is free photo editing software from Google that makes your pictures look great.
More similar downloads