ping problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i play call of duty and my ping is to high to get on all the servers that i want. is there an ez fix to lowwer my ping rate?
i have a desk top dell on a linksys wifi hooked to a westell modem with at&t dsl as my isp. i would like to raise and lowwer my ping as needed. can anyone help or am i stuck with what i have?

Get better internet.....
Do you know the details of your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and what kind of service your getting? Broadband?
If you have dial-up then you have not much of a chance at good ping.

OK....I'm no expert, but from what I have read, your ping could be too high for a number of reasons.
1.What kind of anti-virus are you using? (Norton? Get rid of it - Waste of space)
2.Do you have sufficient Firewall/Security installed? (A decent Firewall, Coupled with a router, a good anti-virus, and good anti-spyware should put you in good shape.)
3.And are you using a wireless router? (usually add around 10-50ms to your ping)

You could have a gigabite connection to your ISP, but if your ISP's network sucks you can still have high ping...What connection speed are you on anyways? And what is your cap?
There MAY be some registry tweaks that may help you to get lower ping, but like I said, I'm no expert.

This is about all I know in terms of lowering ping........sorry if it doesn't help.

It may be because you're using Wi-Fi! Try using an Ethernet Cable to connect your Router to your PC! If your using Firewalls I'd take them off because that may block the connection! I use a Speedtouch Wireless Router and the highest ping I get on 'Halo' is 300 - 400!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back