Pioneer dvr-115 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbqchip

I just bought and installed the dvd drive for my dell dimension 8100 desktop. When I put a cd in it wont load so I open window explorer to click on the drive it says only the read process was complete. But whats weird is my laptop wireless dies everytime i put a cd in. So I decided to update the firmware to 1.18 but it wont let me it says somthing about cant get out of normal mode. Then the dvd drive and my laptop wireless dies till i reboot it. The laptop and desktop aint connected I even unplugged the usb port to the router from the desktop. But the real problem is why cant I update my firmware.

The CD Disc that you are putting in the Desktop DVD drive, is that a blank or copied disc ?
Have you tried putting in an original bought disc (ie a movie) to test it ?

The DVD Drive sounds as though it may be not set up correctly.
Is it Sata?
Is it ATA?
Is it USB?
Are there other drives (CD/DVD) already installed (making two drives)
Is your Hard Drive Sata or ATA?

The laptop wireless issue, sounds as though it is depedant on the Desktop to be operational.

The laptop bios, I haven't worked out (requires more info ie Specs; model)
But you really need to be confident in doing this
Have you got the correct bios file?
Have you read all the updates proceedure?
Are you aware that USB devices should be out?

Really there's a lot in what you asked.
I wonder if it would be better to try to repair one at a time (to avoid confusion -both my end and yours)

Please confirm all of the above
Also all your system specs
Your Windows version
Your network configuration.

Or maybe just start again with one fault
ie. Pioneer dvr-115 problem

k i fixed the problem. After going through the troubleshoot, it had to do something with the SCIS cuz i was using the same IDE cable for the new dvd-rom and cd-rom. After unplugging the cd-rom the dvd-rom works now.

Thank You

Great news, thanks for the update. I was worried I scared you away.
I hope the information I supplied helped in diagnosis.
ie: "Are there other drives (CD/DVD) already installed (making two drives)"

Right now only the dvd drive is install if i install the old cd drive then the dvd drive wont work

First one, this the first time i ever tried installing anything to a computer. I got another question, this is for my dell inspiron 700m. I want to upgrade the ram right now it has 2 256mb in each slot. Im planning on buying one 1gb ram and installing in one of the slot and keep the other slot with 256mb. So all together I have 1.25gb, is this possible?

What your computer supports: PC2700 DDR SDRAM SODIMMs
What it came with:256MB-DDR333, 333MHz, PC2700, 200p SODIMM, 2.5v, Sync
What to buy:1024MB-DDR333, 333MHz, PC2700, 200p SODIMM, 2.5v, Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back