Pivot Power, the flexible power strip, starts shipping

By Emil
May 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Quirky is a community of inventors and product makers where users can vote on new inventions based on their merit. Product ideas are promoted through stages from prototype to marketing,…

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,228   +314

That is VERY cool! About time someone came up with a solution to the cluttered power-strip problem. Now they just need to make a surge protector version of it and I'll cut a check.
  3. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 616

My god, what a beautiful innovation... I can totally relate to that commercial :)
  4. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,905   +115 Staff Member

Umm...
    "The Pivot Power has 672 Joules of rock-solid surge protection."
  5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,228   +314

Mmmm...I wouldn't consider that "rock solid." A decent surge protector has 3780 Joules protection, plus shielded cabling EMI/RFI noise protection. Would be cool to have an embedded timer in it too like a lot of the newer surge protectors to shut down all of your stuff during the night when you're not using it instead of draining energy while in standby mode.

At any rate, this is no doubt going to be a success and there will be a big demand for a more industry-standard surge protection version. When that happens, I'll jump all over it.
  6. nismo91

nismo91 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 989   +6

7. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Booster Posts: 996   +36

what.. you guys havent seen power strips like these before... god, they come in all shapes and sizes.. this isnt anything special.
  8. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 905   +36

Indeed. Rotating/pivoting/expanding surge protectors have been around for ages and if anything, take less space than that power strip.

case(s) in point:
    http://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=31259
    http://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=14081
    http://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=19878

There are easily a half dozen (maybe more) such surge protectors on just that site, though the only thing I think the Pivot Power gets you over the others is probably the most amount of space between sockets which depending on what you're plugging in could be a godsend.
  9. Whoaman

Whoaman Newcomer, in training Posts: 71

hee hee. the boys a genius. marketing genius that is ;)

"Tired of only being able to drive straight. Aren't we all. The new "turn-your-car" has a steering wheel!"
  10. Whoaman

Whoaman Newcomer, in training Posts: 71

11. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

12. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Booster Posts: 996   +36

cyberguys says it all

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.