PlayStation Move priced, Valve announces Portal 2 for PS3

By Matthew
Jun 15, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sony has finally divulged the launch plans for its PlayStation Move motion controller, including firm release dates and pricing. Folks in Europe will be first lay hands on the Move, which is expected to reach stores on September 15. Meanwhile, Americans will have to wait another four days until September 19 to take the plunge.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,328   +376

Really. Portal 2 coming to the PS3 is the big, huge announcement Valve has been stringing everyone along now for two weeks??

Sheesh...that is SO weak. Think I'll just start ignoring Valve's "big announcements" until I actually see a product on Steam.
  3. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

added to the best other announcements & as usual "with SONY, if it's a rumor then it's TRUE!" ... well it "changes everything' LOL ....

Can't wait to MOVE in 3D ... got portal 1 from the steamy site giveaway & maybe will go for two on the PS3 if my new PC isn't built by that time (GOD Diablo III where art thou .. already pre-ordered!)

cheers!
  4. Reloader2

Reloader2 Newcomer, in training Posts: 66

I still laugh when I see that picture :D
  5. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

I'll still be playing Portal 2 on my PC. Note he said the best of all "consoles".

Also, that wasn't the big announcement right? They said it was something all gamers would like, I don't think an exclusive market is everyone.
  6. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Gabe is also the person who ran outlook on the hl2 source code network and got it stolen.(ok maybe thats a slight bit exaggerated.)
  7. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

This would be such a big disappointment if this was the special announcement.
  8. God, they didnt copy the Wiimote.
  9. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

I was watching the press conference earlier today and I definitely was shocked when I heard GLaDOS. I am pretty sure this was the "big surprise", while it was shocking, I still feel a bit disappointed since all I got out of it was a short trailer. I thought they'd at least do something relevant towards PC gaming and not only one market. The Steamworks deal with Sony however does sound interesting.

I also applaud Sony for continuing to try to gain hardcore gamer support for the Move rather then just showing off casual games like Microsoft. I just personally don't see it being all that. But who knows, if they tailor the right games for it in the future it might be more then just a Wii HD.
  10. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 431   +8

All of the sudden he wants to develop for the PS3 again after he gave us a not so optimized version of The Orange Box? What an ***.
  11. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,489   +302

Valve, I am dissapointed with you, did you not learn from the Xbox 360 that your games just don't quite fit on them?

Original Portal got an update on PC for an alternate ending, Xbox didn't.
    TF2 is shockingly bad on Xbox 360, PC version just keeps getting better!

Even the textures and frame rates just are not that great, I hope they put a bit more effort in this time round.

I have friends who have the orange box on xbox and they say its a boring lump of Sh*t yet i know better.

If they do get it right it would be quite nice.

12. NeonKnight

NeonKnight Newcomer, in training

E3 coverage!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.