Please help, new bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

vacko

New bsod. What I've found in event viewer is:
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 ae265698, parameter3 ab1798e8, parameter4 00000000.

Please don't tell me that my hdd's are duying(again). I've bought new psu(ocz stealthxstream 500w) couple days ago, so it can't be psu. I think I've attached 2 of my latest minidumps.

Please help

On the bsod screen it sad something about:
tcpip.sys adress ae265698 at ae24a000, datestamp 41107ecf,
Here are two more minidump files.

Please help!!

P.S.Another thing(hope it helps). When I run chkdsk, everything is ok except for partition where windows is(it's win xp, sp2). After I schedule chkdsk/r(f) on reboot, it does nothing, like everything is alright(it says that) but in windows the same thing happens again-errors on C partition.

I have a feeling this may be a backdoor/trojan problem as I've seen that error in the past on a few machines and have just googled it and it does point to that being the cause. I can't analyze your minidumps as I'm at work but hopefully you should have an answer soon.

Two of your minidumps were error 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

One minidump was error 0x8E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue

In all three the driver aswTdi.SYS was cited as the probable cause and it belongs to avast! as a TDI Filter Driver which belongs to the software avast! Network Shield Support by ALWIL Software (www.avast.com.

The last error was an 0xCA PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR and cited your PnpManager as the cause.

Read this http://book.itzero.com/read/microso...d.eBook-DDU_html/0735619174/ch09lev1sec4.html

It seems a device you have installed may be the issue and it helps explain your 8E error. As for Avast! I would contact them and let them know of your issues. They are very good at help resolving such problems (and it is a nice anti-virus as well).

For peace of mind, run a full harddrive diagnostics.

Thanks for replies. I have read the article about pnp and I must admit that I still have no idea which device is the problematic one. I have also reinstalled avast and checked both hdds with trojan remover(both reinstallation and checking were done in safe mode), also checked hdds(with repair bad sectors on) with Acronis Disk Director Suite 10. The same thing has happened again, in windows acronis finds errors but with scan before windows loads finds nothing. I'll contact alwil software tomorrow. Thanks again

The bad harddrive sectors concerns me. I know you've used Acronis but I would consider using the free utility from your harddrive manufacturer and do a full diagnostics.

Thanks, I already have spinrite. I need computer at the moment(at least for couple of days) so I'll check it with spinrite probably on sunday or monday. In the meantime I'll try some hitachi's and seagate's hdd utility(hitachi is p7k500 and seagate is st3250410as). I'm waiting for avast people to contact me hopefully with some answers.

P.S.I have really started hating computers and sata and sata2 ever since two seagates and one wd died on me(all in the last 10 months and of course with loads of data and no backup),

I find the footprint of netlimiter at the system trace of 3 minidumps. You had better uninstall netlimiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back