Please help with 8 steps. Can't boot in any mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borealis

Hi there!
Really hope someone can help me fix this BSOD i'm having apparently from the virus. I would be glad to follow the steps but i can't boot in any mode.
I think it's a virus problem because couple of days ago my IE started poping up 20 windows at a time and that's considering that i use firefox. Unfortunately the license expired on my NOD security so it couldn't update the database. I ran the scan but it didn't find anything. I didn't see the first BSOD myself, my friend was on the computer. He said that he just touched the mouse to turn the waiting screen off and tones of windows poped up. when he tried to close them, some fatal error message appeared. he also said he saw the window of that fake anti-virus thing - it was called Soldier something. Then outlook express also opened in multiple windows though we don't use it eather. Then he rebooted because windows won't close the windows and saw the BSOD.
I would be very thankful if anyone could tell me how to fix this. I need the comp for school, can't do without it!

1) Computer info: Windows XP home edition, Dell dxp 061, intel core 2 6400 2.13 GHz, two 1G rams ddr by Hynix 667 Mhz. That's all i could retrieve from BIOS. computer is not mine, so if anything else is needed i'll ask the owner.
2) Stop errors:
when trying to load the last working configuration: 0x0000000a (0x00000000, 0x0000001c, 0x00000001, 0x804FB03C) IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL
when trying to boot in other modes: 0x00000050 (0xc7bce8cc, 0x00000001, 0x80537009, 0x00000000) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
3) I tried to switch memory chips and run them separately but none of it worked
4) BSOD appeares after the widows logo screen and the comp won't boot in any mode
5) i tried to run the Windows xp cd in the repair mode. It showed that it was loading startup info, but then flashed the BSOD again.
6) if it can help - when loading in a safe mode, there's an option to skip loading SPTD,sys. i don't know if that's how it's supposed to be or not.

I've never seen BSODs caused by malware to such an extent. i would suggest you get help from the BSOD help & support forum first, and after that when you can access windows, you can come back here for help.

That might sound funny, but they redirected me here.

That would be me. Hopefully Bobbye or someone else can see this and lend there expertise because I am out of my realm here. The only things I can think of at this point is two fold:

1. Run Memtest on your RAM. It will kick in right at boot-up. See this tutorial: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

There is a newer version than is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

2. Slave your harddrive into another system and utilize security scans from the Master harddrive. I just hope the master harddrive isn't infected in any way.

3. Reformatting is the very last step if it comes to that but, again, let's see what those with fuller understanding have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back