Please review HJT log

By nutexan
Sep 14, 2006
  1. I am having issues with my computer and probably spy/malware. When running TCPView I see several instances fir connection.exe making outbound connection to the internet.

I am in the process of running some on scanning tools because Norton does not appear to have detected anything.

Please advise.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Do you know what this entry is?

X:\Personal Edition\Connection.exe

Also are these entries part of your IP or Domain?

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain =
    O17 - HKLM\Software\..\Telephony: DomainName =
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{7A16A4D8-A56E-46F5-9C36-EF41BC958CE0}: NameServer =
    O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain =
    O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain =

If you know the above antries are safe, your HJT log doesn`t seem to contain any real nasties.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of nutexan only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
  3. nutexan

nutexan TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Howard. Yes BigDogGroup is the domain. I guess I didn't do a good job of scrubbing.

The reference to X:\Personal Edition\Connection.exe.. Personal Edition is a sync software for PCS phones. I am not sure if connection.exe a vaild EXE..

I will need to check on that.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.