Plug and play/power/dcom terminated unexpectedly...

stillafool

I've been getting the above error recently. in the event log they seem to happen simultaneously. plug and play/power source/dcom terminated unexpectedly. windows must restart. it's not so bad that I can't use my computer. just a tad bit annoying. the error message comes up and then forces a restart. it mostly happens in the middle of the night when I'm trying to seed torrents. broni over in the malware section has inspected my logs and says it's not a malware problem (googling these errors inevitably leads you to malware forums. that's how I wound up here.). he suggested I post here and see what y'all could do to help out. I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on intel i7 processor. let me know what other information I should provide. much appreciated!

What antivirus program are you using and what are your full computer specs? Are there any minidump files in C:\windows\minidump?Minidump files have a .dmp extension? If so, can you zip them by selecting them all and right-clicking to send them to a compressed zipped folder and uploading that folder here?

hello. thanks for the reply.I copied and pasted my system information. if you need anymore details just let me know. my anti virus is nod32 5.2.9.1. I checked both windows and windows.old folders, but couldn't find any minidump folder. a windows search for minidump returned nothing.

OS NameMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS DescriptionNot Available
OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation
System NameLOGANDO-PC
System ManufacturerTo Be Filled By O.E.M.
System ModelTo Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Typex64-based PC
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/DateAmerican Megatrends Inc. P1.10, 3/7/2011
SMBIOS Version2.7
Windows DirectoryC:\Windows
System DirectoryC:\Windows\system32
Boot Device\Device\HarddiskVolume1
LocaleKorea
Hardware Abstraction LayerVersion = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Namelogando-PC\logando
Time ZoneKorea Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory5.88 GB
Total Virtual Memory16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory13.6 GB
Page File Space7.98 GB
Page FileC:\pagefile.sys

Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? What is the power supplies make and model?

device manager is clean. I can't really tell you the make of the power supply. I'm in korea and bought it from a korean computer shop here. I can read korean no problem, but the script on the power supply is in a really strange font and I can't make out exactly what it says and I don't think it would be much help even if I could. the model is given as IP-500A plus V2.2 but I can't really tell you the make. however in the event log it is always three errors together...plug and play/dcom/power supply...again it's not a critical error in the sense that I can't use the computer. it seems to happen overnight and it's just a bit annoying. but the three errors ALWAYS happening in concert lead me to believe that it's not simply a power supply error.

the errors occur in the event log at the exact same time. the machine is only 6 months old. is that really the only step to take? thanks for your help.

Back