Pop-ups spyware ads - anti virus detects nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

For a couple of weeks we have been inundated with pop ups for anti-spyware products (did not click on them, or install) and also pop ups that never load. They have strange addresses such as the one below

//media2.tmlatn.com/images/defaults41/approved/404.htm

I have downloaded Windows Defender, AVG Free, LavaSoft Adaware, Nortons Spybot S&D, Spyware Blaster and tried TrendMicro as well. Some of them will find a reference to a trojan - usually Win32.Heur or sometimes Virtumonde.sdn.
The anti-virus then deletes the related file, but the pop ups continue and they seem to becoming more frequent.

I have shut off system restore, but apart from formatting, I am not sure what to do as I dont even know what virus is actually on the system. none of the anti-spyware is picking up anything at all now

Really appreciate any help,
Thanks
Raven

Read the threads at the top of this forum for instructions on cleanup, and which programs to use.

Norton has nothing to do with "Spybot S&D".

The programs you have chosen to use, may not be the most effective.

Microsoft releases a "Malicious Software Removal Tool" monthly. It couldn't hurt to give that a shoot also. Get it from M$'s "download page and NOT from M$ update. From download it's a stand alone tool, from update its an installable program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back