Pop-ups spyware ads - anti virus detects nothing

By janined
Aug 26, 2009
  1. Hi there,

For a couple of weeks we have been inundated with pop ups for anti-spyware products (did not click on them, or install) and also pop ups that never load. They have strange addresses such as the one below

I have downloaded Windows Defender, AVG Free, LavaSoft Adaware, Nortons Spybot S&D, Spyware Blaster and tried TrendMicro as well. Some of them will find a reference to a trojan - usually Win32.Heur or sometimes Virtumonde.sdn.
    The anti-virus then deletes the related file, but the pop ups continue and they seem to becoming more frequent.

I have shut off system restore, but apart from formatting, I am not sure what to do as I dont even know what virus is actually on the system. none of the anti-spyware is picking up anything at all now

Really appreciate any help,
  2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,455   +1,758

Read the threads at the top of this forum for instructions on cleanup, and which programs to use.

Norton has nothing to do with "Spybot S&D".

The programs you have chosen to use, may not be the most effective.

Microsoft releases a "Malicious Software Removal Tool" monthly. It couldn't hurt to give that a shoot also. Get it from M$'s "download page and NOT from M$ update. From download it's a stand alone tool, from update its an installable program.
  3. janined

janined TS Rookie Topic Starter

sorry, forgot the comma,,,,thanx 4 the suggestion and i will try that now..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.