TechSpot

Port forwarding through DSL Bridge/Router to Wireless Router

By bmikell2000
Jan 20, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently added a Linksys WRT310N Wireless-N router to my home network and can no longer access my web/ftp server from outside the local network. Previously, I was running a ZyXEL EQ-66HW ADSL gateway in router mode as a hub and wireless AP. With the ZyXEL running by itself, I had no problem running XAMPP (Apache/FileZilla/etc..) on my internal server with a dynamic/DHCP ip address from my ISP. Problem was that I needed wireless-n and the ZyXEL only went up to G. So I put the ZyXEL in bridge-mode, turned off its wireless and DHCP and connected the Linksys as a router/firewall/AP. So far, no problem - bridge works, Linksys gets the external DHCP address, internal network gets its subnet from the router and the wireless is up. No problems routing internal to external - everything external to internal times-out. I can ping my ISP/DHCP external address, however. So it seems to me it a firewall problem. I tried forwarding my main ports 80/20-21 and opening the same on my COMODO personal firewall. No luck. I turned on DMZ to my server with COMODO still on, nothing. Disabled software firewall and tried both regular forwarding and DMZ. Still nothing. Help? I had the same problem before with the Linksys when it was using a cable-modem. Also, I was using AVG firewall before when it worked - I have newly switched to the COMODO.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.