TechSpot

Port Forwarding

By alexjk_620
Jan 2, 2008
  1. Im having a problem forwarding ports. Originally, im forwarding for cod4 but in order to test, im using halo ce because it uses 3 ports. 2302 for server, 2305 for client, and port 80 to download updates. If im running a dedicated server, people can join, but i cant. I dont even see the server which i did when i wasnt on a router. I even set it up to where the dedicated server runs on different ports than the game, so i also have ports 2304-2308 forwarded. When i start a server in game, no one else can join. Pleease help. =)

2. eroz

eroz TS Rookie Posts: 108

What router do you use? What firewall are you using? Have you tried PortForward? They have pretty good guides there based on router and/or game/application.

3. alexjk_620

alexjk_620 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I already used portforward.com. Thats where i got most of my information. A Im useing a lynksys wireless wrt54g router.

4. eroz

eroz TS Rookie Posts: 108

What about a firewall? Did you open the same ports on the firewall that you opened in the router and game?

5. alexjk_620

alexjk_620 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes, i allowed all access to all applications and all of their ports.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.