Portable cd/dvd player ??

By ptitterington
Aug 22, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a question,

My daughter is looking for a format to store and playback all her music, she has a lot of dowmloads and cd's. We borrowed a MP3 player but it did not hold much, she just wants to stuff it full with whole albums.

I have seen that there are a lot of manufacturers that sell cd,cdrw,mp3 players.
    Is there a way to just either copy all and burn to dvd or convert to MP3 and burn to dvd and then play through a cd player.

I havent yet seen a player that supports dvd as a format.
    The burner will burn +Rand -R etc.

Thanks
    :)
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Well I don't think you will be able to get a cd player to play a DVD. And as you stated her best bet is to put the albums on different CD's. I have an mp3 player in my car and I use it quite frequently, I can get about 160 songs on each CD. So if you think about it, that is almost 10 albums. She will just have to have a few different mp3 CD's.
  3. somekid007

somekid007 Newcomer, in training Posts: 369

a nice NEC DVD+R/RW runs at $161.99CDN here, http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicati...ils.asp?EdpNo=610057&Sku=C147-2006 P&CatId=89

a sony portable usb 2.0 cd-rw/dvd-rom drive runs you at $490.99 here, http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicati...ils.asp?EdpNo=610057&Sku=C147-2006 P&CatId=89

so for a little over $650 CAD, u can get what you want, but at $500 for a 24x CD-RW, i cant justify the cost, thought it does have a memory stick slot as well so you can have a dual sided dvd (9.4gigs) plus a 256mb memory stick that will hold lots
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.