TechSpot

Posting DMP's

By saran0388
Oct 3, 2008
  1. I know this isn't a good first post, but I do want to get this error fixed as soon as possible. For the past week I have been getting the BSOD which messed my PC up so much, that I had to format and reinstall Windows to get it to work. My PC runs better, but the same BSOD appears. I have plenty of .DMP files to give to see if any of you can help. I would have opened them myself but my installer isn't working correctly. Also I have to be in safe mode to be on my PC for a prolonged time.

They are most likely the same error, but just to make sure.

Thanks in advance and I will attempt to become a good member on this forum.

Attached Files:

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Inside the 4 MiniDumps:
    Please run Memtest for at least 7 passes (~4Hrs) for a thorough test of your Ram

This type of fault can also be related to software (resource hungry) programs, such as Norton. Try removing any not-required Programs or Startups

3. saran0388

saran0388 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I'll try this stuff as soon as I find the time. Not too bad if it is just the RAM, but I don't have all the money in the world to buy new stuff. So I hope it isn't that. The csrss.exe process is interesting. I think I've seen it hog memory in the past, but not recently. I'll look up some info on it, but thanks again.

4. saran0388

saran0388 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Update: Funny, I just repaired Windows as an attempt to try something and it seems to have fixed everything. However everytime I try to update something on windows, that's when things goes wrong. Oh well, I'll still test my memory sometime.

5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

If you just Repaired Windows, you will need to do the all Windows Updates again

Note: If you mean Windows Update is not working then have a look at this post

Also you may need to install the newest Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable

A repair will remove all Windows security updates (and Service Packs) back to the version on the Windows setup CD
    I can't remember if this is Xp or not, but if it is, you should also update to SP3

Edit:

Yes it's Xp build 2600

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.