Power for 4k beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tritton

Ok am planning/building a £4000 computer and need to sort out the power
here is the part list
i7 965
Asus Rampage II Extreme
12GB Ram (Corsair Triple-Channel Memory Airflow Fan times 2)
OCZ Vertex Series 30GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive times 4 (in RAID)
Samsung Spin Point F1 SATAII RAID edition times 2 (In RAID)
LG Blu-ray Rewriter GGW-H20L DVD-/+RW HD DVD ROM Black SATA
a basic DVD drive
XFX GTX295 times 2
fan controller
water cooling-havn't chosen yet-may not even go water cooling

furture upgrades may include
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series
and a RAID controller card
Samsung Spin Point F1 SATAII 320GB

So bacisly I need a PSU that can handle it
all help welcome

i have chosen to go for the
ENERMAX Revolution 85+ 1250W SLI Power Supply (might get the 1050watt got to shop around a bit yet)

hmm i wonder what i could do with $4000 ... sure won't be buying a computer with it lol. Good luck with the power supply though hehe

Spyder_1386 :)

The only bad thing is that your 4k usd computer will be worth 500dollars or so in a few years. Its sad how these things happen.

IMO build a cheap quad machine for now, and wait until later this year to spend 4k usd on a 32 nm system.

IMO it's seriously not worth it spending tha much on a computer.

The intel Extreme processors are never worth it. Just get the i7 920 and OC it. And as if 6GB isn't plenty of RAM, although going to 12GB I don't see as nearly as much of a waste of money as the i7 965. The SSDs I don't think are worth it either. Just raid some nice hard drives if you wan't performance on the storage side I reckon. Dual GTX 295's could be justified maybe if you have a 30" monitor (or more than one) but not otherwise I doubt.

But I mean it's your money and what you do with it is up to you. I'm just saying I don't think it's worth it. And as others have said it's value is going to drop severly over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back