Power issues with my new GPU

farrentodd

I have a dell dem 4700 and iam running windows 7 ulti with 3.5 gig ram 500gb hd and the stock power suppy and stock cooling system my gpu is a NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400/4400 it has a power plug on the end of it but my power supply dont have the correct plug for it the stock power suppy is 400 watts what should i upgrade to or should i just leave it alone because it dose work but it gives me the gpu low power indecater sometimes PLEASE HELP Todd

I have a dell dem 4700 with a stock power supply should i upgrade

I have put a few extras in my pc like 4.5 gb ram and a 512 navidia quadro 3400/4400 video card and a 500 gb seagate sata hard drive 2 dvd blue ray burner players and i have the stock cooling fan what should i do to improve it more better cooling larger power supply im not shure what my next step I shude take please help

Which PSU do you have? It should say on the label. Wattage, amperage on each rail and Model / part number. That system came with multiple different PSUs depending on build date and how it was originally spec'ed.

As for cooling there isn't much you can do with the stock case. Maybe add a slot cooler below or above the video card if it is running hot. The stock CPU cooler should be sufficient, since a Dell motherboard won't allow an overclock that shouldn't be an issue.

That should be a Delta/Newton built unit and they are very well built. 305w is about the bare minimum for the config you have however the Delta/Newton PSUs are overbuilt and could handle much more than their rated wattage if it wasn't for the over power protection being set at only 20w or so above the rating(I believe around 327w on the 305w model). If the PSU is not giving you any problems I can't see any reason to replace it unless you perform other upgrades that require more power (i.e.: new video card).

i did replace the video card

I replaced the video card with a 256mb NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400/4400 and i put 4 gig of corsir ram on board and im running a bigfoot 1 gig enternet card running duplex

I replaced the video card with a 256mb NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400/4400 and i put 4 gig of corsir ram on board and im running a bigfoot 1 gig enternet card running duplex

I saw that in your previous post. Extreme PSU calculator comes up with a draw of 279w with that config at 100% load so you should be fine unless you end up upgrading to an even more powerful video card in the future. The ram doesn't require much power so that isn't much of an issue

Back