President of Microsoft France accidentally confirms 'Windows 9' debut

By Justin Kahn
Sep 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Not much is officially known about this month's upcoming Microsoft event. While the company has teased us by saying it will cover "what's next for Windows and the enterprise," Microsoft has generally been tight lipped about details. While information leaks...

Read more
  2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

Wonder if it going to be free upgrade to Windows 8.1 phones and desktop users of Windows 8.1 too. Right now I am having a heck of time just trying to get my blue-ray player to run under Windows 8.1. The Blue-Ray disc I had purchased won't play on my SONY BDP. Tells me can't find disc. Windows 8.1 sees it but can't play it either.
  3. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

I know that W8.1 does not include support for DVD playback out of the box (unlike W7) so I would imagine you would need third party software.
  4. That's why I like W7...among many other reasons...
  5. OMG! now everyone knows about windows 9
    I guess Microsoft will have to quickly re-brand it as Windows 10 and make even bigger surprise
    BlueDrake likes this.
  6. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 806   +270

They are gonna change start menu and call it Windows 9. It's not like it doesn't have a lot of features, but they could settle it with one small update.
  7. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Addict Posts: 292   +68

I like the quality, but the implementation of BluRay is very frustrating. Compatibility issue has been around since day 1. My BD Players auto update, yet I recently had to switch the same disc three times on two players (Sony and Panasonic) in order to finish watching a movie. Yep, parts of the same disc could only play on a certain player - go figure. Maybe it was Netflix's disc quality (it had no scratches).
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

You mean soon-to-be ex president of M$ France but I don't see what all the fuss is about, it's a badly kept secret after all.
  9. Latest amazing MS product Zune, Vista, Metro, RT.
    Billions love them all and use everyday.
    Peoples use everyday XP, Seven, Lumia.
  10. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,456   +1,759

Jeez, we'd have never guessed that after Windows 8, the next issue would be called "Windows 9".

And really, what comes out of the president of the company's mouth, they really have the chutzpah to still call, "a leak"..

I'm in trouble here kidz!, Once it gets to Windows 11, I won't be able to count that high without taking off my shoes. Then we won't know if it's the Windows software, or my sneaker insoles that stinks the worst...:oops: