TechSpot

Problem in installing MS SQL server 2000 Personal in Windows XP Pro with SP2

By therock
Nov 17, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here what i selected:
    I can not select "Use domain user account" though i already remove password. I also tried to create a new user account with admin privilige , but still not go through.
    But it let me go to next if i select "Use the local system account", next i set "Window Authentaicateion Mode" or Mixed Mode", then when it installing, i got this message which stop installation:
    "Can not read the specific file. This is most likely caused by a poor network connection. Correct the problem and restart the setup. File: E\PERSONAL\x86\setup\..\Data\master.mdf

***I installed successfully in my other computer(Win XP Pro without SP2) on my network

Thanks for any help
    My system infos: Centrino 1.5 Win XP Pro with SP2, IIS, on Lan with both wire and wirelesss network.
  2. therock

therock TS Rookie Topic Starter

I figured out it by myselft
    I made to run it locally
    I made an image file like iso from scratched CD by using Alcohol 120%. Then i extracted the image file into folders and file. Then i installed successfully.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.