Problem with 4 gb on p5n-e sli

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFox911

Ok i just got back from frys with another 2 gb 800mhz of the same model ocz ram that i already have. I just want to up it to 4 gb because vista is a memory *****.

Anways, Yes i have 4x1 gb sticks, i know it puts more stress on ur mobo thats my mistake! Heres the thing, i put in the new sticks and when i start my pc, I get no response from my monitor at all, and my mouse wont work. I think my monitor wont work because my mouse is dead and i need to move my mouse to get my monitor out of idle mode( Mabey not though ).

Like i said i cant even get to bios, but when i use 2 gb it works fine.

The stock timings on the ram are 4-5-5-15, but theres running on the auto settings on my mobo, which it set them to 5-5-5-32,

I tried changing the voltage to 2.1, that didnt do anything. Then i tried only using 3 gb and that worked fine with only 3 but as sson as i get to 4 it doesnt work.

Sorry for the wandering off in this message, and please HELP !
dam p5n-e sli

32 bit Vista has the same 'problem' as XP. What you really need is a 64bit OS, or wait for the 'cosmetic' fix that Vista SP1 will bring.

I don't think that is the problem since he couldn't even get into the BIOS, so the problem is independent of the OS.

I don't think that is the problem since he couldn't even get into the BIOS, so the problem is independent of the OS.

Well, if he has Vista X64 with 2 gb rams without the Hotfix plugin, adding 1 or more gb of rams would give you all kind the blue screen and problems as such.

Can't get a Windows blue screen without first passing POST. If he can't get to the bios he's not passing the POST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back