Problem with DVD Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M DVD Writer that used to function quite fine.
Recently I had installed Speedbit Download Accelerator Plus and Video Accelerator of which I had uninstalled DAP. The Video Acclerator is not getting uninstalled saying 'INSTALL.LOG file not found'.

Now the problem:
When I am using TDK DVD+R disc to burn using either Sonic or DVD Decryptor or even ASHAMPOO, it writes on the disk, but the same disc is unable to be read...i.e. the player is not recognising the disk.
The write carried out on a re-writable media (Maxel DVD-RW) is working fine.
I thought that there was some manufactiring defect with the TDK DVD+R disks, but used one to write in the laptop of a friend and it worked fine.
So I am quite confused as to where the problem could be.
It may be pertinent to cite here that I have burnt several DVDs (TDK DVD+R) using DVD Decryptor and Sonic and it was always fine.
On someone's advice, I have tried burning with a reduced speed too, but of no avail. Also tried after deleting "UpperFilter and LowerFilter Registry Keys" by regedit -> HKLM.

Thanx in advance if someone is able to help me.

I think there is a separate laser for read and write, and it could have failed but ask for a second opinion. Will this drive read a store bought DVD?
The fact a TSST drive can't read it's own writing comes as no big surprise to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back