Solved Problem with Gmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gott1rott

When I startup gmer, I get a message saying "C:\windows\system32\config\system: The system cannot find the file specified." After clicking scan, the error comes up with the same directory except this time it says "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." It then proceeds with the scan anyway and say the Gmer hasn't found any modifications. The log file is completely blank which I found strange.

What should I do?

It then proceeds with the scan anyway and say the Gmer hasn't found any modifications
That's fine.
Proceed with other scans and describe your issues.

Ok thanks. Well my main issue was the computer running slow and loading webpages slowly or not at all. The 8 steps seems to have cleared that up so far but I will post anyway. I have 2 other problems but dont know if they apply to this section of the forum.

At least a few times per week, the computer will just completely freeze, even the mouse. It usually happens when I'm not even doing much.

My other issue is often the mouse cursor will just disappear off screen. I can bring it back by moving the mouse so I guess its not really a problem, just annoying.

Log files are attached.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-04-24 (20-12-46).txt
    894 bytes · Views: 1
  • DDS.txt
    21.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Attach.txt
    12.2 KB · Views: 0
I don't see any threats, but let's try one more scan....

Download OTL to your Desktop.

* Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
* Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
eNetHook.dll
ahcix86.sys
KR10N.sys
nvstor32.sys
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
CREATERESTOREPOINT

* Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows: OTL.txt and Extras.txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them back here.

I tried copy and paste but its way over the character limit.

Attachments

• OTL.Txt
    102.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Extras.Txt
    43.9 KB · Views: 1
You started to run little bit low on a disk free space:
Drive C: | 37.27 Gb Total Space | 6.49 Gb Free Space | 17.41% Space Free
Windows needs at 15% of a free space, so you're right on the edge.
By running 8 steps, you, most likely, cleaned some garbage from your computer, which increased the free space and your computer performance. You could have been really low before.

I don't see anything suspicious in OTL log, either, so that's about all we can do in this forum.

Yeah the TFC said it cleaned out over 3gigs. Didnt know about the 15% so I will just have to get a bigger primary drive I guess.

Thanks for the help.

I will just have to get a bigger primary drive I guess.
That would be a very good idea. I can see, you have some other drives much bigger.

Is your computer running fairly OK now?

So far, it is running much better. I've been meaning to get another drive anyway so I can have a backup install of windows incase my primary drive fails or I cant log in(both have happened to me before). This new info just gives me more of a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back