Problem with new drivers for NVIDIA GeForce MX-420

By dhasdell
Jan 11, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was unable to make a new game run at all, so I contacted the manufacturer and was told that my graphics card drivers were out of date. I downloaded 66.93 from NVIDIA and while a picture was displayed it was so corrupt as to be unviewable, and the same thing now happened with other games. Fortunately I know enough to run System Restore, so I'm back where I was before, but what should I try, please?
  2. cpc2004

cpc2004 Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,044

version 66.93 is unstable and it crashes windows with blue screen. Install 61.77 which is a stable version
  3. dhasdell

dhasdell Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 21

Thanks - I never got the blue screen, but maybe I ctrl/alt/deleted before the games got that far. I'll try the other version and see what happens.

No - no good. I downloaded 61.77 and installed (after setting another restore point of course) and got just the same as before - a horribly corrupt display with the contents just about visible. I tried tinkering with the settings in the NVIDIA menu, but none seemed to help, so I used System Restore again, and I'm back where I was.
    Thanks for the suggestion - anything else I might try?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.