Problem with spyware or adware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before finding this site I downloaded Antispyware, ran the program and it removed some programs. Now my wallpaper is white, I can't change the wallpaper and I keep getting a popup box with C:/Windows/privacy_danger/index.htm. I tried to go through the steps before starting this thread but was unable to download anything. I tried adjusting my security setings as recommended but was still unable to download a thing. Please help.

The first thing that I need you to do for me is to download and install HijackThis for me,

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in its own folder, usually C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis. Please don't change the directory as it is necessary to create backups.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete attach the log in your reply.
Do not attempt to fix any item yet.
Do not add anything to the ignore list.
Don't use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.

Hijackthis will give me an idea as to what nasty things there are lurking about in your system and will help the both of us get rid of them.

If you have any problems or questions then please post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back