TechSpot

Problems for Windows Live Messenger

By Trancidonia
Apr 8, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I have being getting the error since this afternoon now
    i have also search tru and read tru many website regarding the error 81000306

    Well the Windows Live Messenger works fine earlier this morning while during the noon, me and my housemate changed the ISP since we have being using our friend's internet
    And since we have our own ISP now, we switched the router and start using the internet
    All works fine accept i cannot access into windows live messenger.
    the thing says that It is not connect to .Net Messenger Services.

    Runned all the rgsrv32 dll files, cleared the Socks, Flushed the DNS but none ever work.

    It is still the same router tho Linksys that the MSN actually work before the switch of ISP
    so either there's something wrong with the ISP or there's something that i need to configure.

    Any Ideas where i Should start and do?
    Thanks in Advances, much is appreciated and if you live in Asia, i'll buy you some beer.

    [edit] i'd just noticed that i cant actualyl access into my hotmail accounts nor can i actualyl post anything at certain forum nor does certain microsoft website works, such as entries of windows and stuff

    it would only show blank page after i post or login which basically i got nothing

    wait maybe it work from which the problem may lies to the internet making most of the page load into blanks
  2. Bobbye

    Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

    Several current threads on TechSpot about this issue. Please search for information that will help you. If you do not find it from existing threads, please advise.

    EDIT: Here's one: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic125191.html
  3. Trancidonia

    Trancidonia TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 48

    i cant find anything that is useful for me, none of them actually works

    i had also tried to connect to .Net Messenger Service
    i uninstalled the v2009 and reinstalled the v8 messenger
    it was not connected to .Net but somehow in way i forgot what i did, it is now direct connected to .Net, maybe i tapped something in the Connection Menu>Advance, testing all three of the options (TCP, SOCKS, HTTP)

    TCP and HTTP now works and success while testing them
    what left is Socks, it requires Proxy Server Names to Run the test which i has no idea of what to do or what that is.

    Currently i'm testing two of my emails
    one that is originally hotmail and which i'm using right now is Connected to .NET
    however the new one that i just made earlier didn't.

    Now i'm rereading the thread regarding 81000306
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.


Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...


Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.