problems with lagging in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

perpetlu

problems with lagging in game with ati radeon 7000

i want to discuss about something, please. I have been playing BF 1942 with my HIS ATI Radeon VE Excalibur 64 MB ddr dual monitor with tv out. I use bf 1942 file in my secondary hard drive because my primary hd is small. i am using my secondary hard drive for gam*ng only. I have noticed much la**ing in high video setting, and medium video setting. There is less la**ing low video mode than high and medium video mode. That affect to my other gam* in 3d and first person sho*ting

Intel Pentium 4 2.66c ghz
ECS 848P-A
256 mb ddr pc 2700
2.15gb wdc (primary)
9.45gb maxtor (secondary)
HIS ATI Radeon 7000 Excalibur 64 MB ddr dual monitor with tv out

Lucan

is this online or single player? i have found that bf 1942 runs better on 512mb of RAM from personal experience. do you have it on the dual monitor setup? try taking it off if you do, im not sure if that would lower fps or not. you could try it tho.

Originally posted by snowman
is this online or single player? i have found that bf 1942 runs better on 512mb of RAM from personal experience. do you have it on the dual monitor setup? try taking it off if you do, im not sure if that would lower fps or not. you could try it tho.

:confused: I just playing Bf1942 for single player and is that mean my ati radeon 7000 runs bad? No i am not using dual monitor, just using single monitor

i want my video set into high and i want bf1942 drew a huge distance but have lot of lagging. can ya all help me (no overclock opinions)

Welcome to Techspot! :wave:

You have a (very) old/dated/bad videocard my friend :( That and BattleField in particular is VERY RAM HUNGRY.

I would put the resolution at 800x600x32, and run settings on Medium.

If you can afford it, a new videocard would help a ton. A huge upgrade (going from your 7000) would be perhaps the 9600PRO or XT. That'll run you about $200 though. Dont know about you, but I wouldnt want to fork that out just for one game, BF. However, your defently going to have to get a new videocard soon if you wish to keep playing modern day games. You have a good CPU, lacking a bit of ram, but mainly its your videocard really holding you back. If you cant afford a videocard right now, I would get another 256MBs of RAM. BattleField eats ram like no other game or application I've seen. I have 512MBs of RAM, and I've alt+tab'd out and looked into Task Manager to see that BattleField was using 300MBs! Thats more ram then you have to begin with ;) So if you cant get a new videocard (mind you, your going to HAVE to get a new one soon) get another 256MBs of RAM. This below is a good deal off newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-001&catalog=147&depa=1

One of the cheapest, and best.

Hope this helps!

i had a geforce 2 32mb and with 512mb of ram the game ran ok. wasnt the best quality but it didnt lag much at all.

Rams

You all mean if i have more than 512 meg or more will run fine in high video setting with my ati radeon 7000 64 meg ddr????:confused:

You need to buy a new Video Card anyway...but the RAM will help things for now...I believe that was the basic recommendation...

I think it might be your RAM speed. I have 512 PC2700 (333mhz) and my sysem lags occasionaly only on bf1942. One of my mates has the exact same system but has 512 PC 3500 (433mhz) ram. His has no lag. I can't get faster ram cause my mobo doesn't support it. His does.
As evry1 else said, get another 256mb of ram (same speed as current ram otherwise the ram will run at lowest speed of both sticks) or I recommend getting a stick of 512mb ram with PC 3200 or 3500. It'll cost you £55-60 for 3200 and £70 for 3500. Do as you wish. Oh and by the way your are hanging by a short thread by using the radeon 7000. Have you looked at the system requirements on games? Most say 'RADEON 7000 or higher' or some say '8500 OR HIGHER'. SO you can see you are at the bottom...:( so like agissi said i reckon upgrade to the 9600 series. They're great value for money! (9600XT comes with Half-Life 2 coupon!!!.....hint....hint....GET IT!!)

PS: Good luck :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back