problems with Task Manager, Dos Prompt, and viewing properties of C:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.
ive been having some issues with my new pc. i've only had it a few weeks but its going wrong already.
When i press Ctrl - Alt - Del to open task manager nothing happens. also, when i try to open the Dos prompt i am told that it is already in use by another program. Another problem is that i cant view the properties of the C: drive when i am in 'My Computer'.
I have no idea if these things are related but would be extremely grateful if someone with a bit more knowledge could help me out.
i have enclosed the scrpt file from 'Hijack This'.
Could someone possibly take a look and help me out>?
thanks guys
John
View attachment 12846

hi and welcome swannykk.
you do have some issues in your log. i would like you to go HERE and foll ow all the instructions. NOTE: it is important that you place hjt in its own folder within docs or prog files, after which you will need to change the name of hjt to, eg, 'hjt analyser 1991', as there are bugs that now hide from it. after you have completed the scan and removal of some the nasties, post a fresh hjt log in the forum called "security and the web". HERE

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum, so there`s no need to open a new thread. Please continue to post in this thread.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of swannykk only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back